Improving New Player Experience
F1 Help Book:
  • Multiple Languages: As a lot of Survius players don't speak English as their first language (if at all), it makes sense to have language options for the game. The F1 help book is specifically for new players, so it makes the most sense that at least this has translations. I'm sure the community would be more than willing to help chaozz translate text for the game. This would allow language files for static text, and players could choose what language to use in game, during the installation process, or both. (This would be for static text only, not for the chat).

• More content:
    • Loot information would be helpful to new players: this would tell the player that loot spawns once a day, and that certain places spawn different loot (which is probably why they can't find a tool box).
    • Base information like requiring a toolbox, and that the base decays after X days, and can be broken into after Y days of decay.

• Clickable links in the book. I'm not sure if it's possible, but having a link to the forums, discord, and DMOT's site (https://surviusknowhow.com/) would help players find content to help them learn the game.

Building:
While you don't need a base in Survius, roaming the map as a new player is often difficult because they haven't learned where everything is. However, needing/wanting a base and actually being able to build a base are two different things. You need an ax and toolbox in order to make a base, but neither are overly common for a new player who just found clemenster and wants to loot there.
  • Axes should spawn in all houses and have a higher than normal chance to spawn. This shouldn't cause too big of an issue since players who have played for longer can already get a few crates of axes without any real trouble, and it will only help new players build their base a little faster.

• Toolboxes should spawn in garages, gas stations, the structure with containers in Clemenster, the shipping yard in Craftsfield, and next to crashed cars. Most of these areas are close to where new players spawn and look for loot, so it would increase their chance at finding it, and older players can still get a crate or two of toolboxes with no real issue anyways. The spawn rate of the toolboxes could also be reduced since they would be spawning in more locations.

These are the ideas I've thought of so far, feel free to add more input for making new player's have a better time playing. As they can still be killed while building, I don't think their time will be too much easier Wink
(07-09-2018, 10:28 PM)Mohenjo Daro Wrote: [*]Clickable links in the book. I'm not sure if it's possible, but having a link to the forums, discord, and DMOT's site (https://surviusknowhow.com/) would help players find content to help them learn the game.
[*]

This brings to mind an addon that was available in World of Warcraft which showed loot and map information from Allakhazam. It was really cool but surely it's going to involve a lot of work (maybe a simplified version could do the trick).
I can help with the translation into Spanish, if you allow me.  Tongue
I help with portuguese translate