Crafting stone weapons and tools
Now that the game is much more stable I wanted to suggest adding a bit more complexity and excitement to crafting. Because it's fairly easy to build a big base once you find an axe.

What I'm going to propose is very similar to 7 Days to Die, but that game is focused purely on crafting and it's not very realistic, which is where Survius can make the difference.

It all starts adding two different types of stones/rocks as items that you can find in the map. A normal round stone and a more unusual sharp stone.

- Round stone: can be used as a weapon, but it just deals a little more damage than punching. It can also be used as a construction tool, but it's not very practical so it takes double time.

- Round stone + plank: enables crafting a construction hammer. The hammer will let you craft foundations, walls, boxes, etc. as well as repairing/destroying them. A construction hammer deals damage, but it's not as powerful as an axe. The construction hammer should have a life, maybe a number of hits or crafted items (100?), after that, the rock gets worn/broken and needs creating another hammer. Normal axes won't be used anymore for building.

- 2 Round stones can be used to create a sharp stone by hitting one with the other.

- 5 Round stones can be used to light a fire only once, which could substitute the matches, although those last forever.

- Sharp stone + log: can be used to craft a simple arrow, which deals much less damage than a normal metal arrow.

- Sharp stone + plank: enables crafting a stone axe. This axe can be used for chopping wood, but it takes double than a normal axe. The axe also deals less damage than a normal one and decays with use.

- Sharp stone + 3logs: enables crafting a stone knife. This knife can be used for skinning deer, but it takes double than a machete. The knife also deals less damage and decays with use.

The idea is to reduce the spawn of normal weapons/items, giving them more value than they have now. You can craft these simple items, but they decay and have less power.

For 10-15 players, having a spawn of 20-30 rocks in the whole map should be fair. We normally loot on houses, hunter blinds and that's it. So this could add some value to the vast map, having to explore every single part of it looking for this.

Made some quick models to give an idea of what I mean, but I think they can look much better.
Let's see some opinions on this, will it be interesting to have in the game?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If craftable weapons/tools are added, they should gain durability (7 Days to die, Stranded Deep, etc. have durability as well)

It would be nice to have more crafting depth in the game Smile
(09-04-2017, 01:38 PM)OnlyRegistered Wrote: Hi
I give you right there and your idea is very good. But I think it is too early to make the game even more complicated. As long as the old things are not yet perfect.

I tend to agree. First I need to address the current bugs, which are not severe, but still need attention.
i think that you're right there. i wrongly expressed that the game was ready to add more complexity but that might not be quite true/adequate at this stage (although I see it's gaining it graduately)

Anyway, this is just another piece of idea to consider for the future, as most of them are. I understand this and sorry for being annoying with suggestions, but if i dont write them down they'll fly away. And sharing stuff is how things improve best, imo.

@Mohenjo_Daro: i personally think that only craftable weapons and tools should have a kind of durability (maybe by counting the number of hits) and also be weaker. that will give a lot of value to current "everlasting" items, which should be much harder to find so we would even prefer to fight for them rather than just roam around the island.

we'll see how things evolve anyway! Big Grin
(09-04-2017, 06:54 PM)roman_hg Wrote: @Mohenjo_Daro: i personally think that only craftable weapons and tools should have a kind of durability (maybe by counting the number of hits) and also be weaker. that will give a lot of value to current "everlasting" items, which should be much harder to find so we would even prefer to fight for them rather than just roam around the island.

I agree with this Smile
Theres no restriction to think, suggest or create Big Grin
(09-04-2017, 06:54 PM)roman_hg Wrote: I understand this and sorry for being annoying with suggestions, but if i dont write them down they'll fly away. And sharing stuff is how things improve best, imo.
I love all suggestions, so keep writing them down! Smile