New Health System
Hey everyone,

With update 5.9 came a new health system to the game. Personally, I believe this new feature is awesome; it makes the game more realistic. Thanks to Chaozz for making this possible into the game. And hopefully, we'll have more health status in following updates.

However, all of us have been witnesses of how hard it is now to be at full health, specially since now we CAN'T know how many Health Points (HP) we have at any given moment. For this reason, MrMacho an I decided to make some tests and try to figure out how every single one of the 5 possible statuses affect our health in the game.

For those of you who haven't seen them all yet, here's a list with all the statuses that can affect you in the game:
-Hungry 
-Starving (2nd stage of Hungry, for those of you who are not familiar with the word - different languages)
-Thirsty
-Dehydrated (2nd stage of Thirsty)
-Bleeding
-Sick
-Infected

Since Chaozz already explained all these in the post about update 5.9 (https://survius.com/2016/09/23/version-0-5-9/), I won't explain them.

Now, let's move to the tests we made with MrMacho. But first, we need some assumptions and prior information:
a) Thirsty means you are under 50 Water points. Thus, Dehydrated means you are at 0 WP.
b) Hungry means you are under 50 Food points, and Starving means we have 0 FP
c) Water still drops 2x times the speed of Food, in other words, for every FP we lose, we also lose 2 WP
d) When we reach Dehydrated or Starving status, our health will decrease by -4 HP every minute.
e) Fall damage will reduce, at least, 18 HP (every fall -18 HP)
f) A bullet shot or an arrow hit will reduce our health by 50 HP
g) Getting sick reduces our health by 50 HP
h) Getting Infected or Bleeding reduces, at least, 5 HP every 10 seconds. If hit by a zombie, you must add the damage received with every hit (-20 HP).

So, having that in mind, we can predict how our health will work in a normal game session or run. Now, our example:

*MrMacho shot someone (me) who had just become Thirsty (Being thirsty or hungry doesn't affect our health, the second stages do). My health was 100 HP. I received the bullet, didn't die. We can assume I was in 50 HP. Used a large medikit (and for the new changes in the game, we can assume it will give you no more than +20 HP). Now I'm at 70 HP. Faced a zombie, got hit twice. Now I'm at 30 HP. It took me, at least, 20 seconds to stop the bleeding, so now I'm at 40 HP (-10 HP for 20 seconds, +20 HP for a new LM). 

*I became thirsty again, so MrMacho shot at me again. This time I died. At that moment, we didn't realize being thirsty or hungry doesn't affect us at all, in terms of health. Giving a second thought to it helped us understand it.

If you keep in mind all of these numbers, you can calculate pretty accurately how much HP points you have at any moment, if you keep also a memory of everything that happens to you in the game.

Hopefully, this thread will serve you all. If you have any different experience, or you think the calculus is wrong, post it, so we can have a better insight on the matter.

See ya all.
Pretty sure that being dehydrated or starving is -4 HP per minute, not per 10 seconds. This was the old system at least and I don't think it got changed since I run around dehydrated a lot. But not sure if chaozz changed it.

As for bleeding, I'm not sure, I usually am dying from a fall and bleeding from it so knowing the bleed out isn't very easy.
(09-27-2016, 08:16 AM)Mohenjo Daro Wrote: Pretty sure that being dehydrated or starving is -4 HP per minute, not per 10 seconds. This was the old system at least and I don't think it got changed since I run around dehydrated a lot. But not sure if chaozz changed it.

As for bleeding, I'm not sure, I usually am dying from a fall and bleeding from it so knowing the bleed out isn't very easy.

You are right. I tested it later again. -4 HP per minute.
(09-27-2016, 08:49 AM)naji88 Wrote:
(09-27-2016, 08:16 AM)Mohenjo Daro Wrote: Pretty sure that being dehydrated or starving is -4 HP per minute, not per 10 seconds. This was the old system at least and I don't think it got changed since I run around dehydrated a lot. But not sure if chaozz changed it.

You are right. I tested it later again. -4 HP per minute.
An accidental second test lol.

Also you say bleeding reduces at least 5 per 10 seconds. Is this at least because it fluctuates? Or did you put at least because you have been unable to test it for an exact amount?
I do think a zombie hit should perhaps be reduced to 10hp, as you now have a chance of starting to bleed and/or get infected on top of that hit.

You're pretty close with the values you presented regarding the deduction of points etc.. Some values are a bit off, but I won't post the actual values here, because I think figuring things out is part of the fun of the game. Smile
(09-27-2016, 09:09 AM)ShadowMaster111 Wrote: Also you say bleeding reduces at least 5 per 10 seconds. Is this at least because it fluctuates? Or did you put at least because you have been unable to test it for an exact amount?

I said "at least" as a raw calculation. I didn't bleed that much that time. And haven't been able to test it correctly.

(09-27-2016, 09:10 AM)chaozz Wrote: You're pretty close with the values you presented regarding the deduction of points etc.. Some values are a bit off, but I won't post the actual values here, because I think figuring things out is part of the fun of the game. Smile

Jajaja, no problem. I can test them again, now that I've lost all my days Sad
As the medkits dont help a lot to regenerate now.... i suggest just tweak and increase the auto regen rate a little bit
(09-27-2016, 06:02 PM)DarkCoder Wrote: As the medkits dont help a lot to regenerate now.... i suggest just tweak and increase the auto regen rate a little bit

This is a question I had. Regeneration works only if you are:
-not bleeding
-not sick
-not infected
-Full WP and FP

Right? Cause you waste some FP and WP points to recover health. It is possible to get to recover all the HP though, but it takes quite an amount of time. I totally agree with making the regeneration rate a little faster.
as long as your food and water are above 80, you will auto heal.

small medkits just stop the bleeding
big medkits also add +10 health
I think its a +2 health every minute when hunger & thirst is > 80 and when health inceares by 2, hunger&thirst decreases by 2. (Might not be accurate)

Still at least u should +2 health every 30 seconds or at least medkits should regen 20 health. I mean suggestion is to tweak regen a little bit. Cuz i saw ppl dying while drinking/using medkits