Version 0.6.2
whats a packet?
A packet is the thing send between the client and server that holds data. When you log in, a login packet is sent saying your name and other info and a packet is sent back with where you are, what you have, etc.. They're pretty simple, but working with them can be a pain, if they become out of sync then everything goes to hell.
(01-07-2017, 12:01 PM)MrMacho Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 10:44 AM)topknight Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 10:34 AM)MrMacho Wrote: Switch host to someone else should be the best way to deal with the problem till chaozz make new improvements.

that doesnt work. there was one night where there were about 5 people on us1, we kept joining and leaving till everyone either got mad or took a break. i was only persistent one and was the only one on us1. i had no lag and continued to have no lag for the next few hours as many people started rejoining.

there is more to this that "find best host." which is why i figured it was lag due to packet loss when we would rotate too many hosts

If switching host might not be a good solution and the lag might be from packet loss as you say,
Do you have any idea about a way to reduce the packet loss, till chaozz makes new improvements?
( I'm talking about something that we can do to solve the problem and not about coding)
maybe when a person signs in, they can be in a universal server with everyone. in this universal server, a master host can be assigned. then when they die and rejoin a server, it doesnt have to reassign master host for the eu1, eu2, us1, and us2 servers.

i am on the network systems side of IT so unfortunately i am no help with coding. although i can code VB as that was a prerequisite in college.
The US EU 1 and 2 servers aren't connected. Having a single server would cause even more lag because there would be even more structures, players, etc. to load.

If you mean one person is the host for each server then rip that guy, they wouldn't be able to play from all the lag that would be caused. I run at 5 fps when I'm the host of 1 server with 2 other people on it, imagine being host for 4 servers each with 2-8 players. I would be lucky to get 1 fps (not even kidding about that).
(01-07-2017, 10:29 PM)Mohenjo Daro Wrote: The US EU 1 and 2 servers aren't connected. Having a single server would cause even more lag because there would be even more structures, players, etc. to load.

If you mean one person is the host for each server then rip that guy, they wouldn't be able to play from all the lag that would be caused. I run at 5 fps when I'm the host of 1 server with 2 other people on it, imagine being host for 4 servers each with 2-8 players. I would be lucky to get 1 fps (not even kidding about that).

how do you see FPS?
You learn from other games, otherwise I think there are external programs you can use.
its strange, that when i enter brand new server with noone on it, i experience minimal lag no matter how many people join, but when i gain host from a D/C, i must also re log, so it seems that the problem lies within the transferring of host, and not being host itself
Thanks, I'll look into it.
** english only **
Thread locked because of new version.